HOLIDAY INN RESORT, ST-LAURENT DU VAR, NICE, SOUTH OF FRANCE
An innovative seminar aimed at both existing Captains keen on refreshing their experience and knowledge, and Officers seeking a future Master position in yachting.
Fee inclusive of 1 Night Hotel Accommodation
Seminar Programme highlights include:
- An overview of the superyacht industry, past, present and future.
- Disaster management
- Operational management and preparedness
- The law as it relates to running a superyacht
- Emergency preparation of personnel and response
- Management and motivation of personnel
- Refit, repairs and maintenance
- Moving into new build project management
- Final questions Q&A
A SPECIAL OFFER FOR YPI CAPTAINS & CREW
Captains or crew linked to YPI who sign up for these training classes
BEFORE midnight 5th December 2016
can benefit from an exclusive YPI discount.
For more information, please ask your YPI contact or send us an email.
Why you should attend?
The seminar will gather together a panel of leading industry experts who will guide participants through two intensive and highly interactive days of analysis, debate and practical case studies on all aspects of running a superyacht.
A comprehensive programme offers you an excellent chance to improve and expand on your knowledge and actively participate in practical project work within case study groups. The delegate numbers are strictly limited to 32 places to assist Q&A sessions, panel discussions and to ensure that all delegates can maximise the benefits gained from their practical case work and network opportunities.
Take advantage of the opportunity to learn from leading experts and network with both existing and new entrants to the superyacht industry. As numbers are restricted it is highly recommended that you register early to avoid disappointment.
Who should attend?
Past Superyacht Captains' Seminars have included a wide range and level of participants covering new and aspiring captains and captains already working within the industry looking to refresh and build on their knowledge and experience.
All attendees will be expected to be in the hotel for the full two days as task work on the first evening will preclude any other commitments.
Your registration fee is fully inclusive of one night accomodation and includes all meals and refreshments throughout the duration of the seminar, along with a copy of the seminar presentations and a certificate of attendance.
MONDAY 27 FEBRUARY 2017
Welcome, Course Management
- Session 1
- An Overview of the Superyacht Industry, Past, Present and Future
- Session 2
- Team Task
- Disaster Management Exercise
- Session 3
- Operational Management and Preparedness
- Session 4
- The Law as it Relates to Running a Superyacht
Continuation of the team exercise
Completion of the team task
TUESDAY 28 FEBRUARY 2017
- Session 5
- Presentation of Team Tasks
- Session 6
- Emergency Preparation of Personnel and Response
- Session 7
- Management and Motivation of Personnel
- Session 8
- Session 9
- Refit, Repairs and Maintenance
- Session 10
- Moving into New Build Project Management
Final Questions, Farewell and Depart
Source: PYA, Professional Yachting Association (2016)