28 October 2020
NEW ANCHORAGE ZONES IN THE mediterranean
On 14 October 2020, the Maritime Prefecture signed new decrees regulating the anchoring and stopping of vessels of 24m and above for navigation safety, maritime safety and environmental protection reasons.
YPI has compiled and translated all charts into one single document. If you would like to receive a PDF copy, please email email@example.com
- Anchorage is forbidden less than 300m from the shore
- Applicable to all yachts over 24m, private or commercial, French or foreign flag
- Anchorage is authorised towards the sea, only beyond the red limit shown on the chart
- Dynamic positioning can only be done further than 300m from the shore. Dynamic position must be authorised by the flag state or class
- Before the limit shown in the chart, anchorage is authorised only on buoys if available
- Pilot compulsory for yachts over 50m or 80m depending on the zone
The first decree regulates east zone, the Nice to Monaco area – 204/2020
The second decree regulates the west zone, Cannes area– 205/2020
Villefranche-sur-Mer is still under the 053/2020 decree
In case of doubt, the signal stations (La Garoupe for the West sector, Cap Ferrat for the East sector) on channel 16 can help captains to find the best anchorage spot.
Other areas is still under the decree (155/2016), except for the areas now modified by the 204/2020, 205/2020 and 053/2020 texts. Be careful, on these charts, the red zone shows the PREFERRED anchorage areas.
You'll find on the link below the next regulations for Corsica (206/2020)
Article in French: here
All texts to be found on the Alpes Maritime Prefecture’s website: here